Specialized Power Distribution and Maintenance
The Hellman Electric Power Division is a leading provider of specialty, electrical power related services in the New York City tri-state area, and fully outfitted to support the area’s power distribution and maintenance needs. Our well-honed expertise paired with skilled and trained personnel position the company to provide a vast array of construction and engineering services, meeting all major power related project needs.
When you turn to Hellman Electric, rest assured that our track record of innovation and certifications delivers the most reliable and competent solutions for your power distribution needs, including the building, repairing, upg and maintaining all large scale, sophisticated electrical projects seamlessly and efficiently. This also includes bid projects as well as design build, and value engineered projects. At Hellman Electric, we pride ourselves on providing our clients with reliable, cost effective, on schedule solutions. We work with you to create a true value added partnership.
Hellman Electric is certified to open and work in public and private utility electrical and communication manholes throughout New York City. We serve and work with all the region’s major utilities, including Con Edison, Verizon, Long Island Power Authority, PSE&G and New York Power Authority.
Hellman Electric provides a set of high-quality, broad spectrum of solutions and services, including:
- Utility interface and installation of major electrical services at any voltage level.
- Installation of indoor and outdoor electrical conduits, duct banks, and repair of installation of transmission, distribution and utilization level feeders.
- Installation of Utility network vault compartments, and interior distribution level feeder work.
- Low, medium, and high voltage cable splicing and terminating.
- Surveying and reporting on existing conditions and power related problems, and developing cost effective solutions.
- SCADA, metering, energy monitoring and trending, and switchboard controls installations.
- Electrical disaster recovery, repair and assurance work.
Testing / Commissioning
- Thermographic and insulation resistance testing.
- Installation, testing, commissioning and startup of major power systems including major services, Cogen, Utility Tie generator systems, and backup generator systems.
- Installation, expansion, testing and troubleshooting of substations.
- Electrical component and switchgear testing.
- Grounding systems testing.
- Testing and troubleshooting of control and protective systems.
- Survey and documentation of electrical systems including the development of single line riser diagrams.
- Short circuit coordination and arc flash studies.
- Development of maintenance programs and maintenance testing services.
- Commissioning, startup of electrical systems and acceptance testing.
- Emergency response and power restoration of failed systems including fault locating and re-cabling.
- Emergency restoration of power to critical facilities after power related problems, natural disasters, and other emergencies, including insurance claims.
- Protective relay testing and protective systems troubleshooting. Protective systems modernization.
- System evaluation, troubleshooting, and repair of power systems and solutions.
- Troubleshoot, test and repair power cabling systems.
Design Build / Consulting
- Design build main service installations and distribution power networks, evaluate existing systems for modernization and upgrade.
- Power Production Facilities
- Transportation & Aviation
- Entertainment & Production Studios
- Sewage Treatment Plants
- Hunts Point Market Bronx
- Rockefeller Group
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- NY Aquarium
- Manhattan Psychiatric center
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- Pier 55 Park NYC